OUR QUALITY, ENVIRONMENTAL AND HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
Eco-PV is the first Italian consortium established specifically for the photovoltaic sector, accredited by GSE (Gestore dei Servizi Energetici S.p.A. – GSE) pursuant to the terms laid down by Italian Ministerial Decree 5 May 2011 and Ministerial Decree 5 July 2012 (“Conto Energia” IV and V).
Furthermore, Eco-PV is a collective system recognized by Italian Ministry of the Environment and Energy Safety (MASE) pursuant to Italian WEEE Directives that is, to the Legislative Decree no. 49 of 14 March 2014 for the collection/treatment/recovery of end-of-life Photovoltaic Modules managed as WEEE (Waste Electric and Electronic Equipment).
Eco-PV Consortium (hereinafter “ECO-PV”) has been established in 2012 by experienced companies and professionals in the field of electronic waste treatment and PV plants installation. On 28 February 2013 ECO-PV has been listed in the first group of consortiums recognized by GSE for the recycling of end-of-life Photovoltaic Modules pursuant to “Conto Energia” IV and V (Italian Ministerial Decree 5 May 2011 and Ministerial Decree 5 July 2012).
ECO-PV is specialized in the intermediation and trade without detention of waste like photovoltaic modules, inverters and other electronic components installed on photovoltaic plants.
High know-how, customer orientation and high expertise in providing for best solutions over the years allowed ECO-PV to become a leader in WEEE management.
Quality of the services together with a true care of environment, health and safety have always been key strengths of ECO-PV which led the Consortium to set up suitable management systems according with UNI EN ISO 9001:2015, UNI EN ISO 14001:2018 and UNI ISO 45001:2018 standards.
Through the adoption of a Quality Management System based on ISO 9001:2015 regulatory framework, ECO-PV is pursuing the objective of operating maintaining high customer satisfaction levels, by mean of services in accordance with the imposed requirements, a high rate of service and a continuous cooperation with the customer in designing innovative technical solutions.
The certification achievement according to UNI EN ISO 14001:2015 e UNI ISO 45001:2018 standards is the result of the attention paid by ECO-PV to maintain good Health and Safety condition for all workers operating in or on behalf of the Consortium, to guarantee the respect of the individual, to constantly evaluate every activity in relation to its impact on the surrounding environment.
ECO-PV is constantly committed to achieve the following objectives:
- Adopt and maintain effective Management Systems for Quality, Safety and Environment, set up according to UNI EN ISO 9001:2015, UNI ISO 45001:2015 and UNI EN ISO 14001:2018 regulatory schemes;
- Promote a continuous improvement of management processes to keep high effectiveness and efficiency allowing the achievement of budget objectives while fulfilling the applicable mandatory directives and law requirements, as well as compliance obligations related to quality, safety and environment;
- Prevent from pollution, accidents, and occupational diseases;
- Promote a Process Approach for which all activities are constantly monitored and reviewed on the basis of measurable targets, defining the process indicators and reviewing the same periodically with respect to the prefixed targets;
- Promote education and training activities to ensure the transmission of knowledge and information essential for the correct operation of the processes, as well as the development of a culture and a behaviour practice based on environment and individual health protection.
- Request the Management for an effective leadership ensuring that all managers, employees and contractors are aware of their commitment taken, instructed, trained and encouraged in relation to their responsibilities;
- Encourage an increasing staff involvement, in order to frow up its motivation and awareness on the importance of their role carried out, in compliance of company procedures and instructions and in compliance with the directives in the matter of health, occupational safety and environment;
- Lay down a Corporate responsibility Policy and spread among the staff the cornerstone contents, in the matter of anti-corruption policy, code of conduct, illegal conduct reporting policy, prevention related to health and safety and respect of the environment.
- Promote a continuous cooperation with the member/customer, guaranteeing the supply of compliant and innovative services and technical solutions;
- Respond in a prompt and effective way to non-conformities, operating to minimize their outbreak and the related response time;
- Operate in strict cooperation with the suppliers of products and services detecting the key features having a significant impact on the supplied service, on member/customer satisfaction and on the compliance to the directives on environment protection;
- Work on the service supply processes, on the plants efficiency to minimize the waste and maximize the productivity always fulfilling the service final requirements;
- Promote investments to maintain high competitiveness;
- Allow transparent and continuous relationships with all the interested internal and external parts;
- Adopt standards and performance requirements designed to encourage behaviours which are environmentally friendly and protecting health and safety at ECO-PV offices and, whenever possible, at members’/customers’;
- Preserve the protection of occupational health and safety and the environment protection through regular monitoring of workplaces, with the objective of forbidding unsafe behaviours or dangerous situations;
- To get ready for environmental, health and safety emergencies throughout an open information about our risks;
- Promote a waste management oriented to, recycling and re-use principles;
- Optimize the consumption of energy, raw materials and water through the research and development of more and more advanced technological processes and the use of renewable energies and recyclable and/or reusable materials;
- Produce the evaluation of the corporate context, including nature, size, the significant variations of processes and/or plants, in relation to the environmental impact and the protection of occupational health and safety;
- Share with the workers the corporate targets related to quality, environmental management and occupational safety;
- Set the policy available to the interested parties, either internal or external, as well as review it regularly to make sure that it will be maintained meaningful and appropriate for the organization.
The Management is committed to spread, implement, keep active and regularly review this Policy for Quality, Environment Protection, and Health and Safety on the basis of the evolving environmental, socioeconomic and institutional context.